If this is your first time to consider getting a manicure and pedicure, you better be prepared for a lifetime of going to the nail salon. Because trust me, this is an experience you’ll always be yearning for. Girls and women like getting their nails done. It’s quite a relaxing and pampering experience. And of course, your nails will be so pretty once you leave the salon.
Feeling anxious about your first manicure and pedicure is very normal. However, there’s really nothing to fear or be scared of. What you should look forward is the pleasurable experience. So, how is a regular mani and pedi done at a nail salon?
- The nail technician will remove any nail polish, if you have some on you.
- After that, she will, shape and file your nails according to your preference. Some women like it short, long, square or natural-shaped.
- The nail technician will apply cuticle cream on your cuticles and push them. This is done to clean the cuticles.
- The most favorite part of a manicure and pedicure is the massage. Nail technicians massage you for free but that can only take around 5 to 10 minutes tops. If you want more, you have to pay for that service.
- After the massage, it’s time to apply the nail polish. A nail salon has a big collection of nail polishes to choose from so it’s best that you start picking your colors at the beginning of your session. If you want it plain and classy, you can get a French Manicure.
- There are nail technicians that can also do nail art work. They can create cute designs on your nails but this comes with an extra charge.
- Once the nail polish or nail art is applied, it’s time to dry the polish under the UV light. It helps dry the polish faster and make the polish harder. Sometimes, and this really happens, the nail polish doesn’t dry properly even after two hours so putting it under the UV light will be extremely helpful.
When you leave the nail salon, be careful with your nails. The polish might still chip if you’re not too careful. But before you leave, make sure to give the nail technician a tip (around 15-20% of the service). Now that you know how a manicure and pedicure is done, you can start gathering ideas on what designs you want done.
2907 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609