Are you planning to renovate or redecorate the bedroom? Well, this just makes sense because you’ll spend most of your time in your bedroom. And also because this is your only private sanctuary at home. You want to feel comfortable and relaxed in it. But to be able to get that perfect bedroom, you have to come up with the perfect design. And that involves choosing the right bedroom sets and flooring that matches.
In any bedroom, wood flooring is a classic hit. It’s beautiful and very easy to match. The material is highly durable as well. But since you’re starting from the ground up, you can choose what type of wood and finish that will best match the bedroom sets you’ve been eyeing on. Making the decision can be easier if you take it one step at a time.
- Measure your bedroom space. While measuring, visualize the design layout you want as well as the visual aspects of the design. When it comes to wood flooring, hardwood gives a more calming effect in the room. However, darker wood colors tend to make the bedroom look a bit smaller compared to lighter colored wood.
- If you have already decided what colored wood to choose, you can start thinking about the bedroom sets that will match the floor. You must have at least three options to choose from. These sets usually include the bed frame, nightstand and sometimes, a dresser. It will be best to choose the set that creates a good contrast with your flooring.
- While you have everything planned out in your mind, you must take action now. Start by going to the wood flooring store and ask for samples. Take them home or to the furniture shop where you plan to buy the bedroom set. Observe how the tones and colors match. Also, try to look at them in different lightings if possible.
- Before you finally make a decision, you have to think about how the wood flooring will look like with the other rooms in the house like the hallways and living room.
- The last step is to finally make a decision on the bedroom set and wood flooring. Nevertheless, do ask the furniture and flooring seller if they can allow you to customize the colors, if you need to. Often, these sellers will allow some adjustments to be made.
Choose wood flooring that is versatile so you can match it easily. And just in case you want to change bedroom sets in the future, you don’t need to change the flooring anymore.
Soko Flooring and Interiors
13194 US Highway 301 S. Suite 205, Riverview, FL 3578