We all prize our jewelry. It is a luxury that we invest upon, and it is something that we take care of so that our family’s future generations can enjoy them, too. If our jewelry is not properly stored and if it ends up tangled in a drawer somewhere, then there surely wouldn’t be any heirloom to be enjoyed by our grandchildren’s children. We know that you do not want that to happen, so we have come up with some jewelry storage solutions to help you organize your valuables.
- Keep your jewelry boxes. They have anti-tarnish materials so you know it is safe to place and store your jewelry pieces inside them. Once you are done wearing jewelry piece for a day, place them in their original boxes, and secure them in your dressers or drawers.
- Invest wisely in a jewelry armoire. An armoire is one of the perfect jewelry storage solutions especially if you have a diverse collection of rings, bracelets, watches, brooches, tie tacks, necklaces, and earrings. Jewelry armoire comes with ring holders, as well as hooks for bracelets and necklaces. You’ll never have to detangle golden chains again.
- If you cannot afford a jewelry armoire yet, improvise one using an art box. Art boxes are widely available in different stores. Pick one with many shelves so you can sort your jewelry and lay them according to category. In case your art box cannot accommodate all your jewelry pieces, you may hang necklaces as decorative accents in your dresser, mirror, or walls. Use decorative hooks for this.
- Keep the jewelry pieces that you don’t wear everyday in sealed containers. Place them in areas away from direct sunlight. Sunlight causes oxidation which leads to tarnishing. You will have to polish it every time you have to use it again.
- If you are not going to use your jewelry for a considerable period of time, it is advisable to put them in a safety deposit box. If you don’t have one at home, you may want to lease one from a facility that offers jewelry storage solutions. Banks and self-storage facilities offer this kind of service.
The place where you put your valuables are just as important as the valuable themselves. remember to never settle for just “okay”. Get the best storage for your items that are equally best. Got storage problems with bulkier things than your jewelry? Visit your your trusty commercial storage company today.