Scabs typically shrink by day ten of the healing process as it focuses on the laying of collagen to strengthen the former site of injury. With deep tissue massage, scars can be almost invisible with the type of healing. Learn how scars are and how they can be eliminated with the help of deep tissue massage.
Scars become hard and non-pliable and can tighten joints, which can compromise movement and flexibility. When it becomes dry, they become painful and may also result to numbness. Deep tissue massage can help primarily by increasing blood circulation.
The techniques used in deep tissue massage help in producing and improving the movement of red blood cells throughout the body.
- Strokes –deep tissue massage start with gentle strokes to warm up the body and as the therapist works on the scar, congested vessels and lymph fluids are drained . This technique in deep tissue massage should feel gentle on the skin and will not redden.
- Myofascial release – easing up the constricted tissue through the use of gentle pressure of deep tissue massage will ensure stretching and repairing of the skin as it follows the normal pattern of skin growth. So as the skin heals, wrinkles appear and dry up.
- Deep transverse friction – a technique in deep tissue massage can prevent adhesion formation and rupture unwanted adhesions. The deep pressure applied directly to the scar can yield desirable results for mature and immature scars.
- Heat application – an extra technique used in deep tissue massage to relax and helps in improving pliability and flexibility of the scar.
Deep tissue massage is a good way of improving scars and healing injuries. However, there are precautions to be taken before having a deep tissue massage in this case.
- Radiated skin or wounds are fragile, so it is least recommended to undergo deep tissue massage.
- Deep tissue massage can be an intensive treatment as the friction can result in pain and redness. Deep tissue massage for fresh injuries or premature scars is a bad idea.
- Make sure to have the right lubricating agent that is hypo-allergenic.
Massage Envy – Lutz
17673 N. Dale Mabry Hwy MM# 20104 Lutz, FL 33548