Public self storage seems simple and easy, but a lot of first timers recall experiencing a couple of problems as they pack their units. Some of the most common issues they have experienced are compiled here to help you on your journey to public self storage.
1. Size of the Public Self Storage Unit to lease
It is important to know which size to rent so that you don’t have to pay for excess space that you are not going to use. And how do you determine the size of your unit? Evaluate how much you need to store. Make an inventory of all the things you plan on storing. Then, use the storage unit size guide of the public self storage facility you plan on leasing with.
2. Climate Controlled Public Self Storage
Climate controlled units are important for sensitive items like furniture, photographs, and recorded materials whether in tapes, cds, or DVDs. There are a lot of benefits that go with climate controlled units. Orient yourself about this special type of public self storage unit by asking your agent today.
3. Moving Your Items to Your Unit
Part of making your public self storage experience smooth sailing is to make your packing and moving as easy as possible. Here are some packing supplies that you need:
- Bubble wrap
- Box cutters
- Packing tape
- Furniture covers
- Labels and markers
It is better if you look for a public self storage facility that gives free truck service. But if your facility does not have one, you can rent out u-haul trucks for this purpose.
4. Arranging Your Public Self Storage Unit
Proper arrangement of boxes and other storage paraphernalia is essential for a trouble-free public self storage experience. Here are some tips that you may use when fixing your unit:
- Fill all your containers to capacity. Partially full or bulging boxes are more likely to collapse.
- Make the most out of your unit through the use of shelves.
- Clear a walkway for better accessibility.
- Put frequently used items near the front of your unit.
- Disassemble any items you can. This saves space and makes items more stable.
North Loop Self Storage
1440 N. Loop Fwy Houston, TX 77009