One of the most common home repairs that we face is garage door repair. Garage door issues do not end after the installation process. Storms might blow in, a family member might get careless and crash on their way into the garage, or wear and tear might take its toll on the garage door. Whatever the reason is, garage door repair is something we can never fully escape.
Garage Door Maintenance
Maintaining garage doors is not usually included in our list of things to do. However, garage door maintenance is the best way to avoid costly garage door repair services.
Here are some of the things that you need to do at least once a year to make sure your garage doors are all working properly.
- Lubricate all rollers, tracks, latches, and hinges with good quality penetrating oil. Pulleys on the extension spring openers, as well as the bearings on torsion-spring openers should never escape your attention. Lubricating springs prevents rust formation and binding.
- Wipe and clean every garage door part before applying any lubricant. Garage door maintenance will be in vain if grime and dust stick harder to the garage door parts due to the oil components of lubricants.
- Soak rollers and hinges in kerosene to remove rust.
- Check the garage door opener every now and then.
- Check if there are signs of weather stripping along the sides of the doors. Make adjustments in case it is jamming against the sides. Replace it if necessary.
Call Trinity Garage Door Service-Wesley Chapel for Regular Garage Door Maintenance
Make your garage door maintenance an annual habit to prevent the occurrence of major garage door repair problems. Call us at 813-447-3874. We guarantee your complete satisfaction after every job and back all labor and parts with optional warranty packages.
Trinity Garage Door Services Inc.
2424 W Tampa Bay Blvd Unit L405, Tampa, FL 33607