People think of getting a massage whenever they feel soreness due to aching muscles. But be it known that massage is not only good for your muscles, it is also good for your body and mind. It may simply look like a lot of caressing, pressing, and kneading on skin, but it is actually a lot more. Not only does it help you relax, relieve tension, and de-stress; it also helps boost your immune system by increasing white blood cell counts. It is a scientific process designed to help the body in its natural healing process.
A single massage session in Carrollwood, FL can already invigorate and sooth aching and inured muscles. But a lot more can be achieved if you regularly get a massage. For one, regular massage increases blood and lymph circulation. Lymph is a fluid that rids body tissues of waste. Its production is dependent on the squeezing effect of muscles; hence, an active person has better lymph flow than an inactive person. However, stimulation from a vigorous activity can lead to increased waste, which can negate the benefit. This is where regular massage has a huge advantage. Massage can dramatically aid lymph movement, which together with blood, supplies nutrients and oxygen and rids wastes and toxins. It is easy to understand why good circulation is so important to our health and why massage can be so beneficial just for this purpose.
Other benefits of regular massage treatments include:
- Improvement in the blood supply;
- Improvement in the function of the oil and sweat glands to lubricate, clean and cool the skin making it softer and more supple.
- Increase in blood’s oxygen capacity by 10-15%
- Increase in the excretion of nitrogen, inorganic phosphorus, and sodium chloride (salt) which correlates to increase in the metabolic rate;
- Increase in the production of gastric juices, saliva and urine;
- Loosening the contracted, shortened muscles and stimulate weak, flaccid muscles, which further helps posture and promotes more efficient movement;
- Soothing or stimulating the nervous system resulting to its balanced performance;
- Speed recovery from exercise-induced fatigue;
Getting a massage can do you a world of good, but getting a massage regularly can do even more. Visit your massage clinic in Carrollwood, FL today for you regularly scheduled self-care. Make a positive move for your over-all health and wellness. It is never too late to start reaping the benefits of regular massage treatments.
Massage Envy Lutz
17673 North Dale Mabry Highway Lutz, FL 33548