Lifestyle diseases plague our country and the only way to combat it is through regular exercise. And isn’t it more fun if we exercise with our family members? Family exercise is a great way to improve our health and that of our loved ones. Family fitness, when done together, makes exercise more fun.At the same time, it also develops stronger connections among family members.
It doesn’t take much to create a family fitness program for you and your family. All you need is a little creativity and you can start doing a family fitness routine.
Here are some simple, yet fun ideas that you can try:
1. Make use of play time. You need not create a rigid schedule for your family fitness routine. Instead, you can make use of your kids’ play time as a part of your after-school or after-dinner routine. Play hopscotch or hide-and-seek. Kick a soccer ball around the yard. Planning at least one family activity every weekend also helps. Schedule a trip to the playground or a hike to a nearby park. Offer a variety of family activities that will keep kids away from their gadgets.
2. Ride the bike or walk together whenever possible. Children love riding bikes! Use the bike to go to the grocery store, library, or to your child’s school or sports events. Start walking together, too. Go for an after-dinner family walk instead of heading right in front of the television. Track everyone’s progress by using a log full of colorful stickers. Put your log or chart on the refrigerator so that everyone can see it.
3. Sing and dance while you clean the house. Who said cleaning the house can’t be fun? With the right songs, everyone can enjoy doing various household chores. Once a week, set aside a time for household chores and make sure you do them together as a family. Play music as you pick up toys, sweep floors, dust, vacuum, and make beds clean. Let the kids take turns in choosing the songs for the week to keep them motivated.
4. Make yard work less of a chore and more of a family exercise. Make the most out of seasonal yard work by working together. Is the snow falling? Shovel snow together and make it more fun by creating snowmen. Are the leaves falling from the trees? Rake them, make a pile, and then jump in it.
5. Attend gym classes together. Fitness clubs now offer group classes that cater to different age groups. This makes it possible for every member of the family to engage in physical activities like boxing and kickboxing side-by-side. Aside from family fitness, attending self-defense classes as a family also has other benefits. For one, parents may educate their kids about the concept of bullying and aggression. Kids, on the other hand, get to release pent up energy on the ring or gym instead of releasing it in school.
When it comes to family fitness, you are only limited by your creativity. Explore as many physical activities as possible for the benefit of your family’s health.
Title Boxing Club
8440 Cooper Creek Blvd. University, Park, FL 34201