Wedding day preps happen months in advance. Some even do it for a year. There are the obvious to-do’s like dress fittings, food tastings, guest lists, seating charts, etc. But one thing you should never ever forget is your bridal hair for it requires plenty of advanced planning, too.
If you are planning to dye your hair for your wedding day, remember to stay within two shades of your natural hair color. Also, since this is your wedding day, you may want to splurge and have your hair color done by a hair color specialist to prevent any hair color mishap.
Here are some tips from a hair color specialist to ensure that your hair looks vibrant with its new color on your wedding day.
1. Consult your hair color specialist at least three month before the wedding date. This will give you enough time to make several appointments to discuss how you are going to wear your hair and what kind of hair color you want.
2. Bring your veil and hair accessories in the consultation. Certain wedding hairstyles require a few strategically placed highlights to catch the light and highlight your face. Knowing what your veil looks like as well as if you will use shimmery stones or little flowers will help you hair color specialist tweak the color so those things really stand out.
3. Get your hair color or highlights done at least a week before the wedding. Hair color and highlights look best after the color adheres to the hair. It takes about a week for that to happen.
4. Wait at least two days after your hair color treatment before shampooing. You want to give hair color time to settle before washing it. Make sure that you use a shampoo that is safe for color-treated hair in order to reduce color-stripping.
5. Lastly, keep your hair well conditioned. Healthy, moisturized hair really makes highlights and hair color shine. Have your hair deeply conditioned a day before the big day.
Armed with these tips, you are ready to face the world and be the center of attention on your wedding day.
Monaco Boutique and Salon
2907 West Kennedy Boulevard Tampa, FL 33609